How can I find labor support specialists or doulas in my area?
To find a local doula:
- Get information and recommendations from area childbirth educators, maternity nurses, midwives, doctors, breastfeeding counselors and others who may be familiar with doulas and women who have worked them.
- Contact a doula trainer in your area.
- Talk with new moms in your area who may have worked with doulas.
- Search online for doulas in your area.
- Check with local hospitals — a small but growing number offer doula services.